Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tuktuk Ride and Chaophraya River Cruise | Bangkickin' Bangkok Day 1

Hello Bangkok! I am more than excited to be in this place. And since our friends are still in Manila, we have to do something we can enjoy as a family. 

We headed first to Lucky Kabuhayan Pilipino Shop in Pratunam. Lucky Kabuhayan is a Filipino-owned travel and tour, money exchange and pasalubong shop in the heart of Pratunam. I even made some emails to Ate Julie (owner of the lucky Kabuhayan Shop) and told her that I was planning a tour for our group. I had my pesos exchanged here and rates are definitely better. They have this clear folder where you can see the different tours that they offer.

For our first day, we decided to check out the famous Pratunam Market and have a lovely dinner cruise at night. The Pratunam Market was really great especially for girls who fits to free size clothes. It is pretty like our Divisoria but cheaper and styles are more updated.  I didn't shop yet because I know we'll be going back there for sure. 

Our call time is at 5pm because the cruise leaves around 7pm. We tried the Tuktuk! Tuktuks are the "Auto Rickshaw" version of Thailand. I like that there were signage in English that warns passengers to be careful with their belongings. Unfortunately, I was not able to research more about Tuktuk routes and rates. I think we were charged a little more than what it should be. Nevertheles, it was worth the experience.

Happy family riding a Tuktuk!

Daddy and Sabby

The Tuktuk driver from the passenger's point of view. 

We arrived around 5:30 at the Lucky Kabuhayan Shop and the driver was in a hurry because it was traffic already. Traffic in Bangkok is as crazy as in Manila's rush hour, I swear! The only good thng was that I'm not the one driving. Haha. Surprisingly, we made it to the 7pm cruise though we were late about 15minutes. 

We got tickets for the Chao Phraya Princess Dinner Cruise. And I believe we took the Chao Phraya Princess 4. Here are some photos from their official website. 

Chao Phraya Princess 4

The buffet table is very enticing and the food tastes good as well. They have the authentic Thai dishes, salad bar, dessert bar. We really enjoyed every single food we took. Worth every bahT. 

There's also a bar where drinkers can get their cocktails or beers! Extra charge for the drinks though.

 These 3 pictures summarize the great dinner cruise.

And here are our photos! We were not prepared for night shooting! Geez. Thanks to my Samsung Note 2, at least we had some pictures. 

 Daddy and Sabby (still with her Minnie Mouse bib)


Mommy and Sabby after we ate!


Photo op while anther dinner cruise passed by. 

 The actual view of the buffet area.

Actual photos of the view. I love how temples are beautifully lit during night time!



I will definitely recommend this dinner cruise to anyone visiting Bangkok. It's relaxing and happy experience.



Fabulously,
DanieMae